May 12, 2003

We had a great day in worship yesterday. I preached out of Haggai 1:1-11 and drew parallels with some of the problems we've been experiencing in our church, and when it was over, there was no room left at the altar for those who had come to pray. Truly "the word of God is full of living power...sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are" (Heb 4:12, NLT).

The working of the message I preached was an interesting experience -- it seemed to spring fully crafted into my mind, almost as if God were dictating it to me. I wonder if this is what the prophets experienced? Regardless, there seems to be a link in my experience between receiving a message in this manner and the effectiveness of that message from the pulpit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home