June 18, 2003

I found a great new blog today by a Christ follower with a real gift for understanding how a passage of Scripture applies to her life. Give it a look: 7 Day Holy. Your prayers in particular are an inspiration to me, Tanya...thanks for sharing them with the world!

I found her Tuesday, June 17th post to be particularly relevant to the development of a personal theology of prayer. An excerpt:

"Jesus knew what was ahead: torture, mocking, shame, pain, suffering, disrespect, etc. Yet, he prayed that God's will be done, even tho He had to give up His rights; surrender His entire being to the Father.
"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." {Luke 9:23}


What do you think of the idea of prayer as an exercise in giving up your rights? How does this harmonize with the idea of prayer as seeking the desires of your heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home