August 02, 2003

Another interesting round-up of The Passion news here at Christianity Today Magazine's weblog.

Of all the articles and authors referenced, I found the comments of Matt Drudge of The Drudge Report most telling: "It's magical. Best picture I have seen in quite some time... [S]peaking as a Jew, I thought it was a magical film that showed the perils of life on earth.

(By the way, the blogger at CT quotes Paula Fredriksen, writing for New Republic, as saying Gibson's movie is an "anti-historical, anti-intellectual, anti-Semitic film." Having read the article -- reproduced for free here at moviecitynews.com -- I couldn't find that quote anywhere. Anyone care to double-check me on that? Please email me via the link above or comment to this post with your findings. Thanks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home