August 06, 2003

While trekking around the blogosphere today I found this: John Adams: Blog Ethics. It's a first stab at a "Christian Blogger's Code of Ethics" and, like any good blog tool, it even has its own buttons already (and in more than enough colors to keep even the most polychromatic blogger happy).

Sarcasm aside (please forgive me, my schedule is a bit off this morning and we A+++ people don't do well when our schedules get off), I very much like the principle behind the idea. As a veteran of the message board community (with five years worth of scars to prove it), I see a tremendous need for a code like the one John postulates at the first link above.

I'll confess though that I have a nagging doubt about his fifth point: "Make sure you strive to post what the Lord would have said, were He in your shoes." What Would Jesus Blog? I'm honestly not sure I'm ready to have that kind of pressure hovering over me every time I click "BlogThis!"

As a pastor/teacher, I think perhaps I have a different idea of what "speaking the very words of God" means than others do...

"Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly." (James 1:3 NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home