November 30, 2003

If you listen you can hear the status quo crumbling

Alright, I'll admit I'm something of an iconoclast*, so seeing things like this makes my day: MSNBC.com -- Sorenstam leads Skins Game.

Phil Mickleson's comments were priceless:
This format lends itself to having one incredible shot overshadow the day. That’s part of the excitement of the format. And to have it happen on the last hole, in front of everybody with the most money on the line, I thought was pretty cool. It would have been even more cool if it were me.
Whether she wins or loses, in the words of my parents' generation's favorite iconoclast, "The times, they are a-changin'." And I think that's always a good thing.

*No offence intended, Karl. I tried, but I couldn't find a synonym that carried the secondary definition ("One who attacks and seeks to overthrow traditions or popular ideas or institutions") well enough. I'd be happy for a less-potentially-offending suggestion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home