September 24, 2004

"I laughed, I cried, it moved me..."

The moving company came today and picked up all of our household goods, so I guess that makes it official: After five years serving God on our tiny island in the middle of nowhere, your faithful NeoTheolog (that's me), Mrs. Theolog, and all the little Theologs are moving. In early November we'll leave our home and ministry here and relocate to Waco, Texas, where I'll become a full-time student (heavenly bliss!) at Baylor University's Truett Theological Seminary. And yes, we'd love your prayers! (If you know any churches in that area that could use a slightly worn but still useful pastor, that would be nice too!)

It's been a long journey--12 months from the time we first considered a move like this until today. I've blogged a little bit of it (my exposure to Garry Friesen's Decision Making and the Will of God, about which I blogged extensively, was the kick-off) and over the next few weeks I'll be taking a stroll down memory lane, describing in a little more detail how we came to this decision.

For those anxiously awaiting my further thoughts on the unity of the church and how they tie in with U2's song "One" (Hi, Mom!) I'll be posting those in the week ahead too. Without one's library, office supplies, and other various and sundry toys, what's to do but blog?

Oh, and if any of my readers are anywhere near Waco, drop me an email. Maybe we'll be neighbors!

7 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Here's a blog by a former Truett seminary student named Myles who's still living in Waco. I don't know him personally but his writing is great.

http://godinthedetails.blogspot.com

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Chera said...

I was wondering where in the U.S. you'd end up! I drive through Waco to get to and from school, heh. Danielle and I both call San Antonio home when we're not at school, and that's about 3ish hours south of Waco. I think. It all depends how fast you drive...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger DesertPastor said...

Okay, I admit it. I'm bummed! I was hoping you were "Fuller-bound"... oh well! :(

But on the other hand...
Texas is close enough that I just might find a way to come visit once you're settled.

So...may God bless your boxes!

Chris

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

i had no idea friesen's book was even still in print! wonderful book!

congrats!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Missing your presence. Hope the move goes well, that blessings accompany you in the new place, and that you're back blogging before long.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes, my friends. What a roller-coaster we're on!

DP, I'm just looking for an excuse to travel to California. We've got too many friends there not to! God willing, we'll make it happen soon.

Chera, one of these days you guys will have to stop in on your way through Waco and avail yourselves of Mrs. Theolog's world-renowned hospitality! Just as soon as we find a house... =)

Tony, thanks for the sentiments, my friend. I'm in a bit of a blogging doldrum--the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Praying that this, too, shall pass!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Blessings to you in your move and in your new life! I used to be a camp counselor at a Jewish summer camp not far from Waco, but I haven't lived in Texas in twelve years. Still, I have fond memories of Texas, and I imagine you'll enjoy it there. Being a fulltime student sounds fantastic. What will you be studying? And how did you decide to take the leap?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home