October 18, 2004

Windsor Report: You didn't think I'd ignore this, did you?

The Lambeth Commission of the Anglican Communion published today its official report, outlining the findings of its investigation into the Episcopal Church USA's ordination of an openly homosexual bishop and a Canadian diocese's authorization of same-sex union ceremonies. I just downloaded the report (the meat of which is about 45 pages long) and I hope to work my way through it before the end of the week. Aside from the obvious implications for the Anglican Communion and the church as a whole, it's probably the biggest Church Unity story of the year, in spite of the fact that it's essentially intra-denominational. I'll blog my thoughts, but I hope you'll forgive me for starting tomorrow; I had a meeting with our church's Budget Team tonight, and as I often do after meetings of the Budget Team, I have a splitting headache.

As usual, Christianity Today's Weblog has a great roundup of reactions in both the secular press and from Anglican leaders worldwide, as well as some insightful commentary from the Evangelical standpoint.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger david said...

daniel, thanks for the heads up i look forward to reading the report myself . . . peace

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home