June 21, 2006

My So-Called Summer Break



By the time I finished my fourth semester at seminary last month, I was beginning to feel just a little bit burnt out, so I was really looking forward to summer break. As is so often the case, it hasn't exactly worked out that way. This is what has been on my plate for the last three weeks:
  • Cataloging grammatical minutiae of the first seven chapters of Revelation for one of my professors who is teaching a class on it (see above);
  • Reading and reviewing two books on patristic theology and a primary source reader for my summer mentoring project;
  • Writing a detailed CV and "statement of call" for the same project;
  • Assisting in the planning and execution of our church's Vacation Bible School;
  • Launching a Strategic Mobilization Committee to help our church navigate the shift toward missionality.
Bottom line: I've slept less and spent less time "recreating" with my family in the last month than I did in the month leading up to final exams last semester. I can't wait until the fall semester starts so I can get some rest!

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Chera said...

Yeah, this summer was supposed to be a break for me too. Then I decided to go to Spain and learn another language. What was I thinking?! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home