July 06, 2006

You Meet the Most Interesting People at Funerals

While standing in line to mourn the loss of RocketBoom* today (75 comments and counting at Amanda's blog), I bumped into fellow mourner Ironic1, whose post Things I Learned From Amanda turned out to be the perfect tribute to our favorite vlogospheric pioneer. Poking around the rest of his blog was a treat (the post Medium Dark Roast, Occasionally a Muffin is only an invitation hymn and a benediction away from the best sermon I've heard in weeks, including my own). He has an engaging style and writes about things that matter. Do drop by.

*Please, please, please don't tell me you've never heard of RocketBoom? Okay, here's a quick summary, written by a fellow mourner: "a snarky sarcastic blonde doing something that resemebled cable access on crack." Yeah, it was all that, but with smart (and occasionally very, very smart) commentary, humor, and vision. That, and it probably changed media for ever. If you missed it, you missed something big.

Update: Those in deep mourning (and with deep pockets) can contribute to the official UnBoomed Launch Party at Fundable.org.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Ironic1 said...

Thanks for the plug! It's nice to find a fellow pastor/blogger, even if we have to meet over the passing of Rocketboom-as-we-know-it.

Check out my friend and fellow pastor/blogger Michelle Hargrave's 33 Names of Grace. She's terrific.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Nice chatting with you earlier today!

I've been looking at Michelle's blogs...I stand in awe of anyone who preaches regularly without notes. Over the years, I've gone the opposite direction–from outline to notes to full-blown manuscript. I'm probably just too picky about words...or maybe to scared to "let go."

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home